Friday, November 18, 2011

He Can Call Me a Flower If He Wants To!

Of course, you cannot go to Callaway Gardens without taking in the beauty of the flowers.  Even in November, there are quite a few flowers in bloom (of course that is partly due to climate control, but whatever!).  Between the Butterfly Center, the Sibley Horticultural Center, the fall flowers, and of course the fall tree colors (reds, yellows, and oranges oh my!), Callaway was FULL of color!

I had to take a picture of these mums and their colors!  Even nature loves Florida State!  :)


This trip was technically my 3rd time to Callaway, though the first time was just a short up and back trip about 6 years ago to see the Fantasy in Lights and the second trip was a Geocaching day trip when we stopped outside Callaway's Country Store (amazing speckled grits!) for a cache and then went on to FDR and other state parks.  So, even though this was my 3rd trip, it was really the first time I had the opportunity to enjoy everything Callaway has to offer.  We visited just about everything in the Gardens (well, we didn't play golf), but I am already excited about my next trip back.  I feel as though I am suffering from sensory overload and need to go back and see everything again!

These shots were taken in the Sibley Horticultural Center. 


Can you tell I like purple-esque flowers?  Just keep reading.  :)  Side note:  God is so good!  He so often pours down blessings upon us just to display His love for us!  It was supposed to rain Tuesday night (during the photography class), but it turned out to be a beautiful night with no rain.  Then, it was supposed to rain all day on Wednesday, but we were able to go to Callaway and the Sibley Center and even geocache all morning with no rain!


Mum's the word!


I think this is some sort of cactus thing?  Maybe?  I don't know.  All I know is that it was pretty!


And there are still more flowers and pictures (BUTTERFLIES!  CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!  FALL COLORS!!  OH MY!!) to come!

1 comment:

Evans Ayde said...

I like to climates Photography. As above give a amazing photo of different types of flowers. This is stand on real thing of his image.

Charleston wedding photographer