Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Secret and Christmas

What a great weekend!  After getting back from Atlanta (and my third trip to Mary Macs Team Room...DELICIOUS!) I went up to my parents to hang with them, pick up Allie the dog, and go to Secret Church.  What is Secret Church you may ask.  About twice a year, David Platt at Brook Hills Church (in Birmingham, AL) host a 6 hour(ish) simulcast event, expeditiously (to say the least!) addressing a variety of topics.  This Friday's Secret Church was about "Family, Marriage, Sex, and the Bible."  These Secret Church sessions are based on the secret churches that meet all over the world, that have to meet in secret due to the persecution Christians face in many countries.  The simulcast Secret Churches are meant to emulate the bible studies in the worldwide secret churches (covering material quickly to then review and apply in homes, with friends, at work).  It was an amazing experience.  The time flew by as we were engrossed in God's word (though full disclosure: at about midnight, I started getting twitchy and tired and we still had another almost 2 hours!).


I am excited to go back through the study guide and I am also excited about the next Secret Church (Good Friday 2012).

On Saturday, my mom and I went antiquing in Havana and then went up to the church to put together boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  What a great experience!  6 of us put together 58 boxes; box contents included clothes, scarves, toys, crayons, markers, toothpaste, toothbrush, and candy.  I totally felt like Santa Claus!  I only wish I could be there when the kids (all over the world) open the boxes!  I am now so ready for Christmas!


And then there was the football game!  I never could decide whether to cheer for Alabama or LSU so I just enjoyed the game (and maybe fell asleep right before the winning field goal was kicked!).

Great weekend...hated to see it end!

No comments: