Thursday, December 1, 2011

We're From The Country And We Like It That Way

Before I begin, I still have one more post from Callaway Gardens, but I am blog-digressing for a moment (I don't care that that "blog-digressing" is not an actual term).  As a bit of background, my parents live in the country and I love it.  I love driving by cotton fields, peanut fields (and I love love love the smell of freshly turned peanuts!), and corn fields (though I don't like to eat corn...except for popcorn...and candy corn).  Why do I love these fields?  For the delicious food grown?  Nope.  I love the straight lines of the fields.  Random and weird?  Yes.  But I embrace my inner love for organization lines.

So anyway I was going to my parents house (with my parents) from Florida the other day and we had to pass over the Chattahoochee River (insert Alan Jackson song here).  Well, right when we got to the bridge to cross the river, a truck stopped us because something was coming over the bridge.  Something large that took up both lanes.  I was pretty excited as I wasn't sure what was about to come over the bridge and we were first in line to see what it was!  Granted, my parents told me it was probably a cotton picker, but I was pretty sure it was a space shuttle or a UFO.


As we waited, suddenly a giant ship (okay, it was a cotton picker) emerged on the horizon.



I love it!  Only out in the country would this happen!


Now I have decided I would like to drive a cotton picker.  I could see myself as a farmer.  (Not really...I like the idealized romantic thought of being a farmer, but I am not sure I could be one.  However, I do have the utmost respect for farmers and their hard work and the food they grow for me [except for the corn]!  They ROCK!)


No comments: