Monday, September 1, 2008

Prime Rib? YUM!!

I went to my parents this weekend for Labor Day. I had a great time, it was very relaxing. On Saturday evening we went with some of my parents' friends to this restaurant called "Chef Jay's." Apparently this guy used to work for Conrad Hilton or something and then had a place in Bainbridge and now owns this dive of a place in Reynoldsville or Donalsonville or something. The a/c barely works, there are probably 20 tables max in the place, and the paneled ceiling is not in the best shape. His waitresses are in black and white pretty nice attire, but he is in a chef jacket and like pj-looking things. Well on Friday and Saturday nights he has prime rib, and O...M...G...it is FABULOUS! He won't cook prime rib more than medium so I had the medium cut (I am usually a medium-well kind of eater, but the medium was delish and not undercooked at all). It was phenomenal. Oh, and it was huge! I ate it all, but passed on the potato because I couldn't eat anymore (and plus my mom made cheesecake for dessert!!).

We also went to Chef Jay's for brunch on Sunday and it was great as well. I had an omelet and the buffet. Then the wife of the chef passed around benettes (sp?).

All in all...WONDERFUL!

No comments: