Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fay's Aftermath

I survived the Tropical Storm! Yay! I got a bit worried a couple of times. The first time, I looked out my back window and noticed the water on my back porch was really high. It seems my lack of sweeping caused the water to back up and not flow off the porch and it was backing up. So I put on my galoshes (not really) and rain slicker (ok, rain coat) and got to shoveling and such. The situation was quickly resolved and I felt better. Then the house down hill from me, the water got super super super close to getting in the house. I talked to the homeowner this morning and thankfully the water didn't get in the house. The water did go over the main road though. Lets see if I can link pictures!

(I need to work on how to upload pictures)

Overall, everything was ok. I learned a couple lessons. One was to keep the back porch clean, and another was to wash my windows!!

On a side note, I bit my lip this morning and OW!!! It hurts!!

1 comment:

T.H. Elliott said...

When you post, there is a button that looks like a little picture of a mountain range. If you hover over it, it says add picture. It's right next to "add video" which looks like a reel of film.