Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I DO!

I just can't stand it, I have to try the blogging thing as well.

Last weekend we took a family vacation to Atlanta, GA. It was the first family vacation since approximately 1993, maybe. The odd thing is, probably the last family vacation we took was to Atlanta. Circle of life, it seems. So we drove about 4 1/2 hours to Atlanta to attend my cousin's wedding. And it was a great wedding. John and Jackie are perfect for each other. Jackie is one of those people who is genuinely, whole-heartedly nice, and you can't help but just be drawn to her honest, sincere, gracious personality; one can't help but like her. John is super smart, but so down to earth and normal. They compliment each other greatly.

Anyway, I love weddings. Not so much because of the girl inside of me (well not just inside, as I actually AM a girl), but I love the planning that goes in to it. I love the outcome of weddings, I love when funny things happen (90% of the time involving ring bearers and flower girls), and I love the joy that surrounds weddings. I also love critiquing weddings, I think if there was a wedding critic (similar to a restaurant/food critic) profession, I could be one. I just always enjoy them. My favorite wedding story is random, it is when my friends Dan and Kara got married and the photographer was taking pictures and apparently as they were leaving (after the "I now pronounce you man and wife" part) I waved and they waved and it was caught on camera. I still laugh when I think about that.

However, I am very tired. Because of the traveling, I really did not get a weekend though. And this week has been so super busy at work. Busy is good, but busy is still busy!

No comments: